APPLE VALLEY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Project Confirmation Number: 24840
Entry Category: INSTITUTIONAL PUBLIC ENTRIES:
PUBLIC SCHOOLS, CHURCHES, AND TRANSPORTATION FACILITIES
105 East 770 North
Santaquin, Utah 84655
Brief description of the project:
Apple Valley Elementary School is a new school in a rural area that is a growing part of Utah County. The school consists of 32 classrooms, 4 Kindergarten, 3 resource rooms and Media center with all of the other modern elements that are needed in a modern school.
Size of Building:
85,000 Square Feet with a 17,768 Square Feet Mezzanine
Amount of Masonry Used (include all types and number of units):
165,000 8x4x16 Structural Atlas Brick
5,000 3.5 Emperor veneer brick.
Project completion date: August 2018
Explain the project and its unique use of masonry materials and techniques.
The project utilizes a structural Atlas brick on the exterior with the field color being Mt. Red and the accent color Desert Sand.
The Desert sand color then transcends into the interior creating a warm and inviting feeling to all that enters the school.
The structural brick that is used not only provides security and safety to the students and faculty, but provides a maintenance free product for years to come.
All of the interior hallways provide a special Bull Nose brick on all of the corners through out the interior.
DUANE HALES & SONS MASONRY
NEBO SCHOOL DISTRICT
LEHI BLOCK COMPANY
Click on photos below to enlarge.
Photos provided by
- About UMC
Programs & Events
- 2019 Excellence in Masonry Design Awards Dinner >
2019 EIMD Submissions
- COMMERCIAL PROJECTS >
- HISTORIC RESTORATION >
- PRIVATE PROJECTS UNDER $10 MILLION >
INSTITUTIONAL PUBLIC PROJECTS
- Morgan High School Addition
- Mountain Green Middle School
- Mountain Ridge High School
- Centennial Elementary School
- Farmington High School
- Silver Ridge Elementary
- Sorenson Legacy Foundation Center for Clinical Excellence, Utah State University
- Cedar Valley High School
- Mound Fort Junior High School Innovation Center
- MUNICIPAL PROJECTS >
- MULTI FAMILY RESIDENTIAL PROJECTS >
- Specialty Masonry Projects: masonry featured in walls, fencing, walk ways and/or entry features. >
- 2019 Mad About Masonry Golf Tournament
- 2019 Mad About Masonry Golf Tournament Sponsorship
- Previous EIMD Winners >
- Previous EIMD Pictures >
- Masonry Jobs
- News & Technical Info
- Contact UMC
Sustainable - Masonry - Brick - Block - Stone